200-hr RYT Training
kunga yoga lifestyle + yoga teacher training.
DATES AND SCHEDULE 2019:
Jan 11-13 / Feb 8-10 / March 8-10 / April 5-7 / May 3-5 / May 31- June 2
Friday: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Sunday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
$2,450 by October 11, 2018
Pay in Full
$2,950 by December the 30, 2018
Can’t pay for a full training up front? Maybe a payment plan is right for you! Our payment plans include $25/month administration fee and must be paid by the last day of your training to avoid interest fees. Contact the training coordinator to set up your payment plan email@example.com.
6 month – $466.67/month + $25 admin fee
The Kunga Yoga School is committed to supporting yogis on the path of service, and we do our best to help all applicants participate in the yoga training courses they are interested in pursuing. We offer financial aid in the form of scholarships, work/trade arrangements, payment plans.
Please submit application at least 1 month prior to the first day of training but we suggest you submit 4 months before training starts as scholarships are awarded on a first come first serve basis.
LEARN. LAUGH. GROW. SERVE
Kunga Yoga 200hr Teacher Training Certification Program provides a foundational teacher training and a yogic lifestyle immersion for students wishing to become teachers, or those simply wishing to deepen their own practice and learn healthy lifestyle habits. You will learn theory and practice of yoga on the mat and yoga off the mat as a practice of service. We are committed to offering yoga in a way that is accessible to all levels, non-dogmatic, non-intimidating, thorough, and fun!
•Develop and deepen your personal practice on and off the mat
•Gain tools to serve your community, learning from dedicated yogis with decades of experience
•Try out a variety of yoga styles in a multidisciplinary training
•Create enriching personal relationships for your yogic journey to come!
Evolving since 2003, the Kunga Yoga 200-hour YLTT meets and exceeds all of Yoga Alliance’s requirements for 200 hour certification. The goal of the WYC Kunga Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training Program is to provide the fundamental tools that potential teachers need to offer complete, safe, and eclectic hatha yoga classes. Students wishing to become yoga instructors or those just desiring to deepen their understanding of yoga will find this course diverse and comprehensive. All Kunga Yoga Faculty and presenters are Registered Teachers at the 200 & 500 hour levels, and/or experienced professionals in their field of study.
ABOUT PRESENTER JESS BICHLER, ERYT 500
Wilmington Yoga Operations Manager, Jessica has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
EASTERN & WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS & LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming
- Gentle assisting & enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback
- Opportunities to Assist Senior Teachers
BREATHING & MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy & mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation & the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Overview of benefits of pranayama
- Overview of benefits of meditation
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Setting fees; understanding the market & your experience level
- Working with private clientele
- Building your resume consciously
- Basic marketing
- Ethics of why you teach & how to integrate into business world
- Yoga Alliance Registry & Continuing Education
Please contact us with questions, for more information, or to apply for the Yoga Teacher Training program!